OLDIES, BUT GOODIES

Well, I've been lazy with taking pictures this summer, so I have been at the mercy of all my friends when it comes to photo documentation of some of the things we've done. In all fairness, my two main picture taking friends (Shannon & Wendy) were in the process of moving. So here is the recap of our summer so far. WARNING...it's a bit long.

JUNE

3rd Annual Go-Kart Races

(a tradition started by the Cameron's that we {not necessarily me} WILL carry on)

We had 3 races. I raced in the first heat and got second place (in front of a couple of guys). I think I scared the heck out of them when I took a turn too close and nearly took both of them out in the process of spinning out (sorry John & Dave). But, it worked well enough. I got second place which advanced me to the finals. Eric was in the second heat where he took second place as well. It was a head to head match up in the finals. Not really since Eric finished third and I finished seventh, but I was one of only two girls in the final among 8 guys. After getting bumped around the track in the finals, I am pushing for just one girl's race next year and the guys can do two. NO MORE CO-ED RACES! They're maniacs out there and the girls are dropping like flies. I'll have to start working on my "racing name" for next year.


I should have been a model (yeah, right)


Eric makes this look cool



Our group


Dr. Todd's Residency Graduation Luau
Our good friend, Dr. Todd, finished his residency at the county hospital in Mo Val and his sweet wife, Wendy threw him a luau to celebrate. It was a going away party of sorts too since they moved their family to Texas for a one year fellowship before settling in Montana. We had so much fun eating, socializing, and playing games. Good times with good friends...


Boys -vs- Girls
(not really)



I loved this cake!
It's an arm in a cast.



It wouldn't be a luau without a photo by the tiki man



JULY

GIRL'S NIGHT

Going Away Party for Wendy

Of course we love our friend Wendy so much, we couldn't let her leave us without a big party. We pigged out and enjoyed laughing at each other during karaoke. Thankfully there is only one video recording of that and it's no longer in California. If it shows up on YouTube I'll know exactly who the culprit was! :) The karaoke was fun but we quickly realized that we didn't most of the words to the majority of the songs we wanted to sing. We ended up all singing as a group to the different songs being selected. We gave Wendy a scrapbook with pages of each of our families so she'll NEVER forget us (like that could happen). She cried. And for the record, I actually did a 2 page scrapbook spread. No...pigs were not flying, but it was a worthwhile cause.


Just the girls



FHE at John's Incredible Pizza Factory

We had one final hurrah before the Cameron's moved to Texas. We got together for family night the Monday before they were set to head out of town at John's Incredible Pizza Factory. We had fun chowing down at the buffet and all kids enjoyed having an entire room to eat and have fun in. It was nice. After dinner we took the kids over to the arcade where they had loads of fun and won lots of tickets for prizes.

Enjoying the fine cuisine

These boys LOVE their mom


Good friends

And we haven't even gotten to August. We're staying busy...

No comments: