My head hurts

I don't typically do my venting via blog, but I'm not in the mood to talk on the phone. Today was one of those days that I would have gladly left my children at the grocery store when they wouldn't stay next to the cart. I'm sure the Winco employees see us coming and just sigh. The boys have reached the age where they don't want to stay in the cart and they're too big to even fit in there together anymore. So, they "walk" next to the cart. It's more like run down the aisles, realize mom isn't that close, start screaming/crying, hang from the cart like monkeys, run over a few feet {theirs, not mine}, more screaming/crying, opening and slamming the dairy case doors. I think I'll have to start doing the shopping in the evening when Eric can keep the boys {I've resisted this for a good 6 months since I don't like to go out by myself at night just to buy food}.

To top things off, I think I'm getting a cold {or have really bad allergies thanks to the ever changing weather}. I'm taking some medicine in a little bit and going to bed.

Wish me luck at the dentist tomorrow with two 3 year-olds, BY MYSELF!!! Eric couldn't get out of work, so I'll be braving this visit solo. I've got horsies & sunglasses all ready for bribes {and possibly a trip out for lunch if I get desperate}. This should be interesting...

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I HATE going to the grocery store with my boys too, and that's with only one out of the cart! It always takes twice as long. Good luck at the dentist, you're a brave woman!!

Shannon said...

Good Luck with the dentist! WOw..do not envy you at all! And ditto on the whole Winco expierence..and I just have one if I go during school time!!! ARGH!!! It does get better..hang in there! And btw..it was me who wants House for their doctor...but because I think he is sexy..the brilant part is just a plus! hahaha

Michelle said...

I rarely go grocery shopping anymore with the kids. I always wait until Darryl is home because for some reason as soon as we enter the store all heck breaks loose.

Hemphill Family said...

Poor Laura. I'd like to tell you that it gets better as they get older buy it doesn't. Hope you're feeling better.

rogersfam said...

Sounds like you have your hands full. It's hard enough doing that kind of stuff with one, I can only imagine how crazy it is with 2. You are quite the women!

Costa Rica Baby! said...

You are CRAZY! If I were there I wouldn't let you do it! The kids would be having a fun day at my house.

Please post and let us know that you made it out ALIVE! :)

Dana & Genni Bain said...

still dont know how i will be able to do this..prograsinating on getting groceries right now